Monday, June 13, 2011

My Sweet...

Tomorrow marks mine and Daniel's three year wedding anniversary. I honestly can't believe that it has already been three years, and I also can't believe how much has happened in those three years....

We got married and had a deliciously, gorgeous honeymoon cruise. As soon as we got home from our cruise we had to get into house mode. We bought out little sweet house in Johnson City. I will never forget one day when Sam and Daniel were working on the rotting out with mold bathroom. We still had my apartment and I was bringing cloths over to wash at the house. I pulled up and Sam tried to cover a huge, gaping hole in our house! What was so incredible about this time of our marriage was seeing how amazing Daniel is at house repair. I would routinely say "Now are you sure you know how to do that?" and my sweet, self-assured, husband would always reply that he certainly knew how to do whatever the task was.

We only had four short months together before our lives were flipped upside down with all day sickness, moodiness, hatefulness, so so so sleepiness, and all together hot messness. (was that enough ness for you?) I was pregnant with our sweet little baby Bella. It was by far the most terrible time I have ever gone through in my life. I know that seems dramatic, but facing daily nausea, all day, every day, was exhausting. We finally learned that I had a very rare illness that can happen due to the pregnancy hormone, and at a little less than a month out from having Bella I was finally given the right medicine to get some relief. Through all that drama and hard times, my Bussell, my sweet, sweet, Daniel was there with me all the time. He took care of me, held me when I wasn't too sick to even be touched, and was so strong for me. I honestly can't imagine how I would have made it through without him.

We celebrated our one year anniversary in the hospital, waiting there for me to be induced. I had to be admitted for almost a week before I was induced. Daniel, in his loving, concerned way stayed there every day, and spent every night sleeping on a strange chair/bed thing. He slept next to my hospital bed every night. It made all the difference in the world to me that he was there, and that every morning when the nurse came in to poke and prod me, there he was, sleeping sweetly, but always at the ready to help. He was a major favorite with the nurses and they let him raid there refrigerator whenever he needed to.

The most recent change in our lives has been moving back to Knoxville. As with most things in life it has been a bittersweet blessing. It was hard to leave a church family that we had cultivated special relationships in. It was hard to leave so many people who we loved and who loved us. But on the other hand, we have the blessing of being with family and friends here. I don't know about anybody else but I don't handle change well, and there have been many times over the last 6 months that I have said to Daniel "I wouldn't want to go through this with anybody other than you".

The moral of this story is: Daniel Mead Bussell is the absolute love of my life and heart; I don't know where I would be without him and his vast amount of love and caring. He has completed me and is truly my better half. From our love we have gained the most wonderful blessing in our precious Bella, and here at our anniversary I praise God that he brought me such a delectable, kind hearted, loving man to make my life so joyous and wonderful.

I love you Daniel,

       Your Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment