Sunday, June 26, 2011

End of a chapter...

Today was moms last day directing the choir at Eastminster Presbyterian church. She has been the director there for as long as I can remember. She started there when I was 3. It is hard to believe that she is no longer the director! So many memories of my life are from things that happened at EPC.

Once when I was young dad was angry because our cat beast had been meowing very loudly at the back door. He made a comment about Beast (the cat) raising H*** at the back door. So we are at children's choir practice which mom taught and we always had prayer time at the end. Some children had submitted prayer for their grandparents, school, pets etc...just normal child-like concerns. So I raise my hand and very reverently state: "I need to request prayer for our cake beast, that she would stop raising H*** in the morning and waking up my dad". My poor mom probably wanted to die right then and there!

We even had a home school program that mom headed up at EPC. Every Friday we had Friday school from 9 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon. This was the closest thing to school I experienced until college. I looked forward to it every week, I love being around everyone and especially loved that homeschooler drama! I still have several friends from those days and I look back on it so fondly!

I remember times with the youth group going to the lake and such. One of the moms who did a lot with the youth was Trudy. She still tells the story of how grumpy I was in the mornings when she would go from room to room very loudly singing "O WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MOOOOOORRRRNING". Hey I was homeschooled, I slept till like 10 every single day! What do you want from me? I remember the good times and the bad. I have loved the EPC family for almost my whole life. The church wouldn;t be anything if not for the people who attend there. By attend I don't mean just show up on Sunday mornings and sit in the pews and leave. I mean people who sang in the choir, helped with the children, took the youth to m-fuge and on other trips, prepared food, prayed for us...I mean the list goes on and on!

This is the end of moms chapter as director at EPC but I will always have the best memories and look back at my families time there in a positive light, remembering to feel blest for the times shared and memories made!

No comments:

Post a Comment