Monday, May 30, 2011

Drama on the Homefront

Last night Daniel and I were sitting at home with Bella. She was running around playing with her toys and we were starting to wind down for the night. Then Daniel gets a call from my parents. It is my dad asking Daniel to come over and go with him and mom to the ER. Mom had been having a torrent of pain in her shoulder and it had gotten to the point that nothing was helping: not muscle relaxers, ice, or a piece of my Chocolate Hazelnut cake could help!!! (You know a problem is dire when cake does nothing to help!) Anyway, Daniel and I basically throw the baby into bed, because the other night when Daniel wasn't here she REFUSED to go to bed, and Daniel was off on his stallion to help the old timers.

At this point I ramble around the house and searched on the on demand for some free something or other to watch. On a side note, I watched all 4 episodes of Glee that were on there and am now, despite my fighting, addicted to Glee. So back to last night, I am looking for something to watch, and I find a show from the syfy channel (right there, you know it's a keeper) called Urban Legends. The show does hokey reenactments of Urban Legends, and some stories that are beyond belief but true...I watched all 4 episodes of this program too, and sadly even for the terrible acting I got hooked to this show too!

Back to the ER, while I am at home rotting my brain out mom, dad, and Daniel are sitting around the ER not being seen for something like 3 hrs. When mom finally got taken back she turned to Daniel and said "You can't come back here!", not sure if this was a Karen thing or an actual ER thing, but my money is on Karen. So then Daniel sat out in the waiting room, alone, except for a few interesting hillbillies who wanted to talk about nascar (sound like torture to anyone other than me? *takes LONG swig of hot, strong coffee*). I finally went to bed at 2am with the latest news being that they had done a blood test, x-ray, and were now waiting to do a CAT scan...I fell asleep and when I woke up, feeling like it had been 10 min, I looked at my phone and saw that it was 5am! Still no Daniel, no news, nothing. I had a moment of sheer panic in which I texted Daniel 3 times and heard nothing back. I finally broke down and called him and he informed me that he was about to drop my parents off.


By the time Daniel drug it in at 530 he was WIRED, I can only assume the hillbillies hyped him up. Oh that and his admission that he had been hitting the Mellow Yellow. We finally went to sleep as the sun was coming up. This wouldn't be an issue except we are having a family dinner for my birthday and I need to cook a dessert, oh and vacuum for my poor ailing mother! But everyone is sleeping so I am using all my energy to write this fascinating blog and keep my LOUD baby Bella quite!

For those of you who were wondering, they didn't find anything scary wrong with mom, they just drugged her up and sent her home...mom now wishes she had gone to the chiropractor a month ago and avoided all this pain, suffering, and hillbillies....

1 comment:

  1. I wish there had been more hillbilly interactions! It would have been more entertaining! You would think that the security gaurd would have had something to say at least! Eavsdropping was the best form of entertainment available!

    ReplyDelete